Best Instant Pot Recipes to Try Right Now 2022
Discover the wonderful world of Instant Pot! This versatile multi-cooker will change the way you cook — now making dinner can be fast, easy, and fun! A helpful introduction explains the basics of Instant Pot cooking along with practical tips and tricks that will make meal preparation a snap. .
Essential Instant Pot Recipes for Beginners
The Instant Pot is the new must-have kitchen appliance that can make your life much easier in the kitchen, especially as a time-saving device on busy days. An Instant Pot is an intelligent multi-cooker, an electric pressure cooker. When you don’t have time for traditional or slow cooking, the Instant Pot is a fantastic solution. Meals will cook much faster, using less energy.
Want to get started with the Instant Pot or add to your growing repertoire of Instant Pot recipes and cookbooks? We’ve rounded up our favourite Instant Pot recipes here from our site and beyond for appetizers, mains, side dishes, desserts, and even drinks, to inspire you—the kitchen. From chicken noodle soup and chicken bruschetta to mac and cheese, pork tacos, scalloped potatoes and cheesecakes, you’ll want to make this your go-to guide for instant pot recipe inspiration.
Want to learn more about Instant Pots, slow cookers and pressure cookers? Find out what’s the difference between these handy kitchen appliances, how to use them safely, and which one is suitable for you in our guide to kitchen essentials here.
instant chicken pot pie
- The Instant Pot makes this beautiful, homey chicken pot pie recipe so simple to make. The easy-to-make dough is a snap to make with a food processor and can be made, along with the chicken filling, up to a day in advance. If you prefer to skip baking altogether, the filling recipe included here can also be served with easy, fluffy meatballs.
- Here’s a great and hearty Instant Pot Chili Recipe that’s ready to eat in under an hour from start to finish yet tastes like it’s simmered on the stove for hours. Delicious, tummy-warming ground beef chilli is full of nutritious and colourful vegetables.
instant mashed potatoes
- Creamy, perfect mashed potatoes are quick and easy to make with this great Instant Pot Mashed Potato Recipe. Using an Instant Pot cuts the time in half so that you can get this delicious side dish to the table faster.
Instant Refried Beans
- Do you want a great recipe that you can use in burritos, enchiladas, or as a side dish for Mexican meals? These tasty Instant Pot Refried Beans are easy to make and are ready in just over an hour. That’s a fraction of the time they would take on the stove.
- Continue with 5 of 90 below.
Instant Pot Scalloped Potatoes
- Potatoes au gratin always looks beautiful at a buffet or on the dinner table, and the Instant Pot makes it super easy and quick to make this popular cheesy and indulgent potato side dish in just over half an hour.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
- When it’s cold outside, a warming bowl of a hearty beef stew hits the spot. Make this beef stew recipe when you want a complete and flavorful meal to serve to family and friends in the fall and winter.
Instant Pot Coq au Vin
- Just a fancy French name for chicken stew with wine, Instant Pot coq au vin delivers the same delicious flavour in about 55 minutes as the version that cooks for hours. Originally made with an old rooster, modern versions use chicken, in this case, bone-in thighs and legs along with carrots, mushrooms, pearl onions if desired and fresh herbs.
Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- This Instant Pot Butter Chicken recipe takes much less time than the traditional way of preparing this popular Indian dish. It is unnecessary to marinate the chicken because pressure cooking will make the chicken moist and delicious. It has the same creamy, buttery sauce scented with tomatoes, cumin, garlic, ginger, garam masala and coriander as the original. Serve it with rice, naan bread and yoghurt.
- Continue with 9 of 90 below.
Instant Pot Pho Soup
- Instant Pot pho Soup recipe is a short version of a traditional Vietnamese beef broth and noodle soup. It is subtly spiced, fragrant and a meal that will warm the body and soul.
Instant pot lasagna
- Enjoy this instant pot lasagna in a fraction of its time to make conventional lasagna. Best of all, it can be prepared year-round because it doesn’t turn a summer kitchen into a fiery inferno with the heat of the oven. It is a traditional recipe with ingredients, simply cooked differently.
- eleven from 90
Instant Pot Spaghetti Dinner
- This complete and straightforward homemade spaghetti dinner recipe is fantastic. Ready to serve under 30 minutes, this is a great family dinner idea for busy weeknights when you’re in a hurry to get a satisfying meal on the table.
Instant Pot Spaghetti Squash
- Spaghetti Squash is very easy and quick to cook in the Instant Pot. You can cook the squash in about 10 minutes, then separate it into spaghetti-like strands to top with spaghetti sauce or toss with butter and seasonings. This recipe includes more tips for serving ideas.
- Continue with 13 of 90 below.
Instant Chicken Noodle Soup
- Rich and flavorful chicken noodle soup from scratch in about an hour seems impossible to make, but it’s never been easier. This Instant Pot recipe creates an incredibly delicious broth filled with vegetables, shredded chicken, and tender cooked noodles, with a stovetop-cooked-all-day flavour.
Instant Matzo Ball Soup
- Thanks to the Instant Pot, this matzah ball soup tastes like broth simmered all day when it only takes 35 minutes. This version uses chicken thighs, but a three-pound cut-up chicken is a great alternative. Just be sure to use bone-in chicken for the best flavour.
Instant Pot Baked Potato Soup
- You won’t believe how quickly you can make this favourite comfort food recipe using the Instant Pot. This recipe is gluten-free and an easy soup for lunch or light dinner that the whole family will love.
Instant Pot Minestrone
- The traditional minestrone combines carrots, celery, beans, spinach, and pasta in a tomato broth. You can follow up with a vegetarian version or brown some Italian sausage or ground beef for added meaty flavour. This hearty soup comes together with ease when prepared in an Instant Pot.
Frequently Asked Questions: Instant Pot Recipes
What should you not put in Instant Pot?
- Breaded meats. Even when placed on a rack, breaded meats or vegetables are not recommended due to the fact that the breading will get soggy as the pressure cooker cooks with steam.
- Delicate Cuts of Meat.
- Quick Cooking Dishes.
Can you put frozen meat in Instant Pot?
You can safely cook frozen meat in an Instant Pot because pressure cooking cooks foods quickly. Unlike a slow cooker, in which frozen food may stay in a dangerous temperature range for too long, the Instant Pot can quickly bring frozen food to a safe temperature.
Can you cook noodles in a pressure cooker?
When you cook pasta in a pressure cooker, you don’t have to watch it or monitor the heat underneath the pot. It cooks quickly and unattended in a pressure cooker. Also, you can cook pasta directly in a sauce in a pressure cooker, which saves you having to do one more step in a recipe and one more pot to clean up.
Are Instant Pots worth it?
The Instant Pot is worth it if it keeps you from going out to eat, or picking up food on your way home. If you know you can get dinner cooked in 45 minutes without having to stir pots, it becomes a lot easier to go home and start that pot of chili, or pot roast, and relax while it cooks.
How long do instant pots take to pressurize?
The Instant Pot will take anywhere from 5-15 minutes to reach pressure. Once it reaches pressure the float valve will pop up, the Instant Pot will beep once, and the cook time will begin to count down from 5 minutes.
Have any Instant Pots exploded?
In comparison with pressure cookers from a decade past the instant pots do not explode. They come with 10 safety features that keep them safe from such instances. These features are designed to prevent the instant pot to function in an unsafe way.
- Most Popular Instant Pot Recipes
- Weeknight Instant Pot Recipes
- Top 10 Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Recipes Chicken
- Instant Pot Recipes Uk
- 175 Best Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Recipes Healthy
- Instant Pot Dinner Recipes
Best Instant Pot Recipes to Try Right Now 2022