Fresh fruit recipes, Weird fruit, Pink fruit 2022
The fruit of the rose is the rosehip. It usually has a red-orange colour, although in some species its shades can vary to dark purple, and even black. From September, and much more in the autumn months is when the harvest of this fruit takes place.
Pink fruits. What are their properties and benefits?
What information will you find in this article?
- 5 Pink fruits Know their properties and benefits!
- 1. Pomegranate
- Properties and uses of pomegranate
- 2. Guava
- Properties and uses of guava
- 3. Grapefruit
- Properties and services of grapefruit
- 4. Dragon fruit
- Properties and uses of pitaya
- 5. Rose Apple
- Properties and uses of rose apple
The colors of the fruits are very varied and well-known, but among them, the most exotic and least familiar of all stands out: pink. Although it may not seem like it, pink fruits are not as popular as the rest. However, their “exquisite” touch makes them as strange as delicious.
Pink fruits have a low caloric profile and are rich in antioxidants and vitamin C.
They are typically cultivated and occur in tropical areas, hence their unusual character and a bit extravagant for those who do not know them. Pink fruits have nothing to envy the rest of the fruits.
If you haven’t tried them yet, you can’t imagine the great nutrients your body is missing out on. Its nutritional qualities are similar to those of fruits or red foods. It is because the pigmentation of both is due to their lycopene content.
Discover what the pink fruits, their properties, and what benefits they provide are!
5 Pink fruits Know their properties and benefits!
The tender and exotic appearance of pink fruits will not be the only thing that will encourage you to try them, as their excellent properties are very beneficial for your body.
Pink fruits contain high amounts of water, so they hydrate and refresh to the maximum.
Although they have similar nutritional values to red fruits, it should be noted that pink fruits have their personality; apparently, they do not strictly belong to the same group or family. Both have certain similarities, but they are not the same.
Learn more about pink fruits and explore their benefits and properties!
Also known as a “superfruit,” it is the fleshy fruit of the pomegranate, which contains a pulp made up of spherical pink or ruby berries on the inside and a thick, resistant rind on the outside.
The refreshing taste of this fruit is due to its high water content, around 80%. The pomegranate is low in calories and contains less sugar than most fruits.
This exotic fruit is native to South Asia, Persia, and Afghanistan. However, the Arabs introduced it to Spain, and from there, it was exported to South America. It symbolizes love and fertility in the East, and poets like García Lorca have spread its virtues.
Properties and benefits of pomegranate
Among the many benefits and properties, the following stand out:
- Lowers blood pressure due to its high potassium content
- Promotes the elimination of water and salts through the kidneys
- Antioxidant power thanks to the vitamin C it contains and the carotenoids or provitamins
- It helps reduce cell aging diseases and others such as cancer or degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s
- It has astringent and anti-inflammatory properties
- It acts as a laxative and fights constipation because it contains fiber
Eating its small berries feels a delicious explosion in your mouth.
Although it may seem incredible, guava contains more vitamin C than oranges themselves. It is widespread to get it in Asian or tropical countries. It also has more than three hundred different varieties.
It is a spherical fruit covered by a thin yellowish or greenish skin, and inside is the pink or whitish pulp, with many tiny edible seeds.
The leaves of the guava tree are highly medicinal, so they are widely used in natural remedies.
Properties and benefits of guava
It is one of the most appreciated fruits in natural medicine due to its properties and excellent benefits, such as the ones you will learn about below:
- Increases defenses and strengthens the immune system thanks to its vitamin C content.
- It prevents and combats anemia and its effects.
- It has expectorant properties that help to improve colds, coughs, bronchitis, etc.
- It contains large doses of vitamin A, B2, vitamin E, calcium, iron, phosphorus, manganese, calcium, copper, and potassium.
- It has large amounts of folic acid, which helps to eliminate bad breath caused by gingivitis.
- Ability to exterminate bacteria, fungi, and amoebas that can be found in the body due to its antiseptic, astringent, and anthelmintic properties
- It is recommended for pregnant women to prevent malformations of the fetus.
Drinking guava juice once a day helps reduce the risk of anemia.
Grapefruit, or “grapefruit,” is also known, is a large citrus fruit than other citrus fruits. It has thick yellow or pink veined skin. Its pulp is juicy, dark pink or yellow, and its flavor is strong, between acid, bitter, and somewhat sweet.
Water is its main component, so it is so juicy and refreshing. It has few calories, so it is good food for those who follow a diet to lose weight.
It results from a hybrid, created in the 19th century in America, between the authentic amplemusa and orange from China. It is also the cross between an orange and a grapefruit that occurred in the 13th century.
Properties and benefits of grapefruit
- It is a good source of folate, thiamin, vitamin B6, and magnesium.
- It contains provitamin A or beta-carotene, transformed into vitamin A in our body.
- Its folic acid or vitamin B9 is essential for children and pregnant women since it produces red and white blood cells.
- It has a good amount of potassium and calcium to maintain strong teeth and bones.
- Its vitamin C content is essential for vision and collagen formation.
- The pink ones have lycopene, which generates the color in tomatoes, papaya, and watermelon.
Between sour and sweet, its taste resembles a lemon and an orange.
Dragon fruit, pitahaya, aurora, pitajón, warakko, and dragon fruit are some of the names given to this exotic tropical fruit. 60% of the fruit is a seed, and its flavor could resemble a cross between a kiwi and a pear.
It is native to Mexico and Central America, and three types of pitayas are commonly known:
- With yellow skin and white pulp from the Selenicereus megalanthus cactus
- The pink skin and red pulp come from the Hylocereus monacanthus cactus.
- And the pitaya with pink skin and white pulp from the Hylocereus undatus cactus.
Properties and benefits of pitaya
- Its vitamin C content is a good source of antioxidants that help reduce the risk of cancer degenerative or cardiovascular diseases.
- It has a low caloric profile, making it perfect for people who want to lose weight.
- The seeds improve intestinal transit and help prevent constipation.
- Its high water content helps hydration and combat fluid retention.
- The red pulp has a higher content of vitamin C than other fruits.
- It is a fantastic source of magnesium, essential for good bone health and the immune system, muscle, and nerve function.
- It contains antioxidants and vitamin C that help have more excellent resistance to infections and take care of your eyesight.
- The action of its antioxidants contributes to better functioning of the brain and preventing cardiovascular diseases.
There are three varieties of pitaya, and two of them have pink tones.
The origin of its name is its supposed apple shape (poma) -although, in reality, it looks more like guava- and its unmistakable smell of flowers (rose). It is also known as water apple, Jamaican apple, Pumagasa, etc.
As with guava, the leaves of the rose apple fruit tree are widely used
Its cute bell-like appearance is usually bright pink, red, yellow, or green; the fruit flesh is white and spongy, often has little juice, and is generally tasteless. This fruit is from tropical Asia and is grown in most tropical countries.
Properties and benefits of rose apple
- It is rich in calcium, iron, and vitamin B3.
- Moderate source of vitamin C and phosphorus.
- Its seeds are used to combat diarrhea and colds.
- The bark is often used in asthma, bronchitis, and hoarseness cases.
- It has rich components of calcium, iron, and vitamin B3.
- In Cuba, they believe that the roots of the rose apple serve as a remedy for epilepsy.
The leaves of the tree in infusions to drink serve to lose weight and reduce fever.
With pink fruits, you can prepare various foods, such as jams, compotes, juices, smoothies, etc. In this way, you benefit from the fruits of this color through multiple meals and not only by eating the pulp.
Including the color pink in your daily diet will reduce your mood levels, protect you against colds, keep you hydrated and fresh, help your circulation, and all with a delicious flavor.
Frequently Asked Questions: Pink Fruit
- hydrochloric acid
What fruit is hot pink?
Dragon fruit, or pitaya, is one of the most alluring tropical fruits around, at least on a surface level. It has a bad-ass name, obviously, and a striking appearance-akin to a bright pink egg with green scale-like appendages, or maybe an alien artichoke.
What is a pink and yellow fruit?
GUAVA. tropical fruit having yellow skin and pink pulp; eaten fresh or used for e.g. jellies. small tropical American shrubby tree; widely cultivated in warm regions for its sweet globular yellow fruit.
What are pink strawberries?
The newest varietal from Driscoll’s is similar to the Dutch pineberry. Here the pinpoint seeds are red and the flesh – inside and outside – is off-white/pink. A most unusual surprise with a light, sweet, strawberry flavor; gorgeous served with any chocolate.
What is a pink vegetable?
Rhubarb is the first pink-colored vegetable that comes to mind. It belongs to the family Polygonaceae. Its color varies from pink to red. You can eat it any way you want but it is usually cooked before being consumed.
Is there any pink food in the world?
Chard is a green leafy vegetable that has long leaves. It also has long edible stalks that come in different colors – pink, for instance. It is also known as Swiss chard. These are all the foods that are pink in color.
Are raspberries pink?
Raspberries are available in red, yellow, pink, purple, and black colors. Different raspberry varieties will also vary in fruit size, harvest time, cold tolerance, and disease resistance. In this article, we’ll look at some raspberry varieties of each color.
- Pink Fruits And Vegetables
- Dark Pink Fruit
- Pink Fruit With Black Seeds
- Pink Spiky Fruit
- Exotic Pink Fruit
- Pink Fruit Philippines
- Pink Colour Fruits Images With Names
- Green And Pink Fruit
Fresh fruit recipes, Weird fruit, Pink fruit 2022