Healthy snacks Easy, sandwiches a gourmet touch 2022
In this article, we will see some tips that we can take into account when preparing our healthy sandwiches to eat at work.
As we discussed in previous posts, there are more and more people who, due to schedule issues, have one or more meals at their workplace. We have already explained how to prepare a healthy Tupperware to take to the office and choose from the restaurant menu if we want to eat out, and today we will see healthy sandwich options for mid-morning or snacks.
The first thing is to choose the bread well: here, the idea is to always look for whole-grain bread. Until now, this was no easy task. The regulations that we had since 1984 on the vocabulary of wholemeal bread allowed it to be called that even if it had 0% wholemeal flour. This law will change as of July 2019, and from that moment, only bread made with 100% wholemeal flour can be called “wholemeal”. Let’s go now with the filling of our sandwich.
We already know that the basis of a healthy diet is vegetables, so we will put a few in our sandwiches.
Images for healthy snacks
- weight loss
- peanut butter
What vegetables can we introduce?
- Leaves: lettuce, lamb’s lettuce, raw spinach, arugula, red cabbage,
- Grated, sliced or dried tomato
- Raw vegetables: cucumber, carrot, radishes, onion
- Roasted vegetables: courgette, aubergine, peppers,
- Grilled vegetables: mushrooms, asparagus, garlic sprouts,
We add healthy protein.
To complete our sandwich, we will add foods that are sources of healthy protein. Let’s look at a few examples:
- Canned fish: tuna, ventresca, sardines, anchovies, anchovies,
- Grilled chicken or turkey (not cold cuts)
- Smoked salmon
- Fresh cheese or mozzarella (suitable for ovolactovegetarians)
- Egg: boiled, scrambled or in an omelette (suitable for Lacto-ovo vegetarians)
- Hummus: chickpeas, lentils, basil, avocado, beetroot (suitable for Lacto-ovo vegetarians and vegans)
- Marinated tofu (suitable for ovolactovegetarians and vegans)
- Tempeh (suitable for ovolactovegetarians and vegans)
- Seitan (suitable for ovolactovegetarians and vegans)
- Nut cream with no added sugar (suitable for ovolactovegetarians and vegans)
- Spices: pepper, oregano, cumin, curry…
- extra virgin olive oil
- seeds and nuts
Some combinations (all with whole wheat bread):
- Lettuce + tomato + onion + grilled chicken with pepper
- Tomato slices + tuna
- Ventresca + roasted peppers
- Spinach + tomato + smoked salmon
- Guacamole spread on bread + lettuce + smoked salmon
- Tomato slices + anchovies in vinegar
- Grilled turkey fillet + roasted zucchini and aubergine
- Avocado + grilled chicken + canons
Suitable for ovolactovegetarians
- Canons + hard-boiled egg + tomato slices
- Scrambled eggs with asparagus and garlic sprouts
- Stuffed omelette (zucchini, carrot, leeks, peppers, aubergine, onion)
- Sliced tomato + mozzarella + oregano
- Lettuce + tomato + fresh cheese
- Tomato + cucumber + hard-boiled egg
Suitable for vegans
- Chickpea hummus + zucchini and roasted eggplant
- Lentil hummus + seeds + rocket leaves
- Grilled seitan + roasted peppers
- Guacamole + grilled marinated tofu + onion sprouts
- Chickpea Hummus + Green Peppers
- Spinach + tomato + grilled tofu + sliced radish
Easy, healthy sandwiches with a gourmet touch
You are bored of the usual sandwich fillings that are also usually unhealthy? We propose 15 simple, original and healthy sandwich recipes for you to take your creations to the next level.
PITA WITH GUACAMOLE, TOMATO, AND SPROUTS
Clear proof that healthy sandwiches are neither bland nor challenging to make. You have to make pita bread and fill it with guacamole and tomato slices. Add some germinated sprouts to the filling, making it much more current and appetizing.
CHICKEN, CHEESE AND SALAD SANDWICH
Instead of the high-calorie sausages, you can put grilled chicken breast, which is lean meat, as we have done in this chicken, goat cheese, lamb’s lettuce, and tomato sandwich. However, so that it doesn’t go straight to your waist, remove the skin from the chicken, and use fresh cheese and low in fat. Serve wrapped with a strip of parchment paper and a bow.
CHEESE TOAST WITH ARUGULA AND WALNUTS
If you are looking for an energetic, delicious, and irresistible alternative to the classic cheese toasts of a lifetime, you have to try these toasts. They have a cheese base, and on top, arugula, onion, raisins, and nuts. See recipe.
The gourmet touch: Put a little jam on top of the cheese.
ASPARAGUS SCRAMBLED BUNS
Another alternative to sausages (and in this case suitable for vegetarians) is to use eggs. Here, for example, we have made sandwiches with cherry tomatoes and a scrambled egg, and asparagus—easy, nutritious, and super-rich. Specialty bread, like these poppy seed rolls, makes it more delicious.
MONTADITOS WITH COD BRANDADE
Instead of a sandwich, you can sometimes improvise a montadito with whatever you have on hand in the fridge. We have made these with some slices of toasted bread with cod brandade, which we had leftover, a great “save food” idea. Decorate with a rose formed with a piquillo pepper strip and a parsley leaf.
SANDWICH WITH HUMMUS AND CRUDITÉS
You can also transfer the typical hummus and crudités-based hunger pan to the sandwich. Spread a few slices of whole wheat bread with the hummus. And arrange little cucumber sticks, carrot, pepper, zucchini and some lettuce leaves on top. Sauté the vegetables for a couple of minutes to soften them a bit.
ASPARAGUS SANDWICH WITH MUSHROOMS AND GARLIC SPROUTS
Take soy bread, spread it with a bit of hummus and, in a non-stick pan with a trickle of oil, sauté some wild asparagus, some young garlic sprouts and some mushrooms. And put them between slices of soy bread, spread with a bit of hummus.To give it a fresh, aromatic and original touch, put fresh basil leaves instead of the typical lettuce leaves.
SLICES OF BREAD WITH SMOKED SALMON AND PICKLES
Spread a few slices of bread with fresh cheese or a light tartar sauce. Top with salad sprouts, chopped smoked salmon, pickle slices, capers and olives. And decorate with a basil leaf. You can make the sauce yourself by mixing a spoonful of yoghurt with olives, capers and chopped pickles, a trickle of oil, salt and a pinch of dill.
GRILLED CHICKEN SANDWICH
On some slices of bread, place lettuce leaves, slices of roast chicken, cherry tomatoes, and a little mustard. Roast the tomatoes in the oven along with the chicken. To do it, you have to put the breast of the washed tomatoes in a baking dish and cut them crosswise, so they don’t burst and sprinkle aromatic herbs on top.
HAKE AND VEGETABLE BURGER
Sauté chopped leek and courgette, and add shredded raw hake. Once cooked, mix everything well with a bit of parsley, egg and breadcrumbs. Then, form the burger and fry it. Assemble the burger with tomato slices and cheese. And accompany with salad. Instead of frying the burgers, bake them for about 5 minutes. This way, you dispense with the oil, and they will be lighter and tastier.
HUMMUS BEAN FAJITAS WITH SALAD
To make the hummus, you need 200 g of canned white beans, cooked and drained, 1 clove of peeled garlic, 1 tablespoon of tahini, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, half a teaspoon of cumin powder, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, half a teaspoon of sweet paprika and salt. Beat them in the blender until you get a homogeneous cream. Spread the Mexican tortilla with the hummus. And add strips of piquillo peppers and lettuce. Complete with sesame seeds, sunflower seeds…
TOASTS WITH SALMON AND TORTILLA
If you don’t have time and yet don’t want to give up a healthy and very nutritious dish, our toasts with salmon and tortillas are prepared in a jiffy and will leave you satisfied and happy! And it is that taking care of yourself a little benefits not only your health but also your soul. See recipe. Serve on a wooden board, with parchment paper underneath and chopped chives on top.
TUNA ROLLS WITH CORN AND PEPPER
Take a can of tuna and a can of piquillo peppers; crumble the first with a fork and chop the seconds. Add some washed and drained sweet corn, a tablespoon of light mayonnaise, and mix. Flatten a few slices of sliced bread with a rolling pin. Distribute the filling on half of the bread and form rolls. Wrap them in cling film and put them in the fridge for a couple of hours. Cut them into pieces and tie them with chive stems.
MUFFIN WITH PORK TENDERLOIN AND DRIED TOMATOES
Cut the tenderloin into 1 cm thick slices and season with salt and pepper. Brown it in a greased pan with oil, 1 minute on each side. Open the muffins and toast them on a grill. Place the lettuce, tomato, sirloin slices, light yoghurt, and mustard sauce on the base. And cover with the lid. Instead of regular tomatoes, put dried tomatoes in oil.
LETTUCE WRAPS WITH FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
You can also do without the bread and make some wraps using a couple of overlapping lettuce leaves. On top, place vegetables and fruits cut into julienne strips or thin slices (spinach, red cabbage, carrot, pepper, onion, radishes, mango, apple), along with chopped parsley, young shoots, and walnuts. Roll it up and close with cotton string or stick a couple of toothpicks through it. See recipe. You can also make them with Chinese cabbage leaves, cabbage or if you want to give it a “sushi touch”, nori seaweed.
As you have seen, by choosing good bread and combining it with quality, balanced and fresh foods, you can make easy, healthy, tasty sandwiches with a gourmet touch.
HOW TO MAKE ORIGINAL AND HEALTHY SANDWICH RECIPES:
- Green leaves, vegetables and sprouts. Add lettuce, lamb’s lettuce, arugula, spinach, tomato, onion, carrot to your sandwiches. They provide fibre and make you feel full for longer.
- Lean meats Substitute cold meats and processed meats, which are not highly recommended, for turkey, chicken or Iberian ham, which are lower in calories. Find out how fattening sausages are: ham, chorizo, turkey.
- Blue Fish. Tuna, sardines, or smoked salmon fit perfectly as a sandwich filling and provide omega 3 healthy fats.
- Egg. If you want a protein intake without resorting to meat and fish, you can put an omelette, scrambled eggs or hard-boiled egg.
- Fresh cheeses Any cheese fits in the sandwich, but if you don’t want it to get fat, it is better to be fresh than cure, which has many more calories. Do you know how many calories your favourite cheese has?
- Seeds and nuts. They provide essential vitamins and nutrients and give it a special touch that turns your sandwich at home into a gourmet sandwich.
- Wholemeal bread. They have more fibre and are more satiating. And if they also have seeds and nuts, you add a plus of vitamins and essential nutrients.
- Light sauces. It is not advisable to abuse sauces, breaking the bread and increasing calories without realizing it. Opt for vegetable spreads like guacamole or hummus instead of mayonnaise and other very heavy sauces.
The lightest chickpea hummus recipe you will find.
WHAT IS THE MOST SUITABLE BREAD?
The bread is the main character of the sandwiches (although, as you have seen with the lettuce wraps, you can also do without it if you want).
- The sliced bread. Tender and juicy, you can prepare sandwiches and rolls in different shapes.
- The muffins. They are undercooked rolls with a very tender crumb; they are lightly toasted and filled with grilled or sautéed meats.
- Strongly flavoured bread. Like rye or cereal, They are exquisite with smoked foods.
- The baguettes. They are ideal for sandwiches because, having a lot of crumbs, the filling takes centre stage.
- The loaf bread. It is consistent and very suitable for toast.
- Seed bread. It has a texture and flavour that goes very well with cheeses, pâtés and smoked foods.
AND A BREAD FOR EACH FILLING
- If the filling is hot, You have to eat it right away to prevent the bread from softening or let it cool before placing it on the crumb.
- If the filling is moist, As a general rule, choose bread with a resistant crust, such as ciabatta. It will prevent the sandwich from breaking.
- If the filling is creamy, It is best to opt for a more tender bread, such as mould, Vienna or muffin.
What are 5 healthy snacks?
- Granola Bars. These tasty little bars are ideal healthy snacks for on-the-go life. …
- Fruit. One of my favorite ways to ensure I’m eating a healthy snack is to stick with whole, nutrient-rich foods like fruit. …
- Yogurt and Granola. …
- Trail Mix. …
- Roasted Chickpeas.
What is the healthiest snack to eat?
Tips for Healthy Snacking
- Fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Frozen fruit.
- Fruits canned in water or their own juice.
- Whole grain bread, crackers and cereals.
- Lower fat yogurt.
- Lower fat cheese.
- Unsalted nuts and seeds and their butters.
- Mixed nuts. Nuts are an ideal nutritious snack, providing the perfect balance of healthy fats, protein, and fiber. …
- Red bell pepper with guacamole. …
- Greek yogurt and mixed berries. …
- Apple slices with peanut butter. …
- Cottage cheese and fruit. …
- Celery sticks with cream cheese. …
- Kale chips. …
- Dark chocolate and almonds.
What snacks to eat when dieting?
The following are some of the best snacks for weight loss.
- Hummus and vegetables. Hummus is a traditional Mediterranean dish that people make from pureed chickpeas. …
- Celery sticks and nut butter. Celery is a low-calorie vegetable. …
- Fruit and nut butter. …
- Low-fat cheese. …
- Nuts. …
- Hard-boiled eggs. …
- Greek yogurt with berries. …
- healthy snacks to have on hand
- healthy snacks for teens
- healthy snacks for school
- healthy snacks to bake
- healthy snacks for kids
- healthy snacks 2021
- fun healthy snacks to make
- healthy snacks Indian
Healthy snacks Easy sandwiches a gourmet touch 2022