How To Cook Sweet Potatoes Oven Evolving Table 2022
The sweet potato, also called sweet potato or sweet potato, is a delicious food full of nutrients that cannot be missing from your diet if the objective is to eat in a balanced way and take care of yourself.
And is that among the properties of the sweet potato, its high content of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals stand out, which makes this tuber one of the favorite foods for lovers of healthy food.
If you don’t know how to cook sweet potato, learn right now to prepare delicious and original dishes with this tuber. This OneHOWTO article tells you how you can eat sweet potatoes quickly and easily. Take note!
What are the benefits of sweet potato?
Before knowing how to cook sweet potato, we must know its nutritional properties. We can combine it better with other ingredients to get nutritious and complete dishes. These are the main benefits of sweet potato:
- Enjoy the Farmer’s Market recipe for Organic Sweet...
- Make organic sweet potato a wonderful vegetable side...
- Natural sweetness lends itself to a wide variety of...
- Simply made with only one ingredient, Certified organic...
- 15-ounce (Pack of 12) cans of Organic Sweet Potato...
- Bruce's Yams, Sweet Potatoes in Syrup
- The largest-selling brand of canned yams in the U.S.
- Certified by the American Heart Association
- Cut using only the tender most part of the sweet potato...
- 15 oz can (4 pack)
- Product of Korea
- 100% real sweet potato (no sugar added)! All natural...
- The sweet potatos have been steamed and dried for 10...
- Fun chewy texture
- The white powder on the surface of it is malt sugar....
- Six 7 count boxes of Earth's Best Organic Sesame Street...
- Made with real organic sweet potatoes and carrots
- For kids 2 years and older
- Recipe crafted with non-GMO ingredients
- USDA certified organic to nourish your little one...
- 5 lbs. Okinawan Hawaiian Purple Sweet Potatoes
- well packed in bag
- Burlap bags absorb moisture, oil and grease while...
- Bruce's Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes in Syrup, 15 oz:...
- Sweet Potatoes, Water, and Sugar.
- Pack of 12
- Powerhouse of nutritional goodness
- Great baked for sweet potato fries, or diced into soups...
- Naturally fat free, high in fiber and brimming with...
- Sweet creamy flavor
- GROWING NUTRITION: Our 2nd Foods baby food recipes help...
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS: Made with natural & Non-GMO...
- PUREED GOODNESS: Introduce your little one to the...
- GERBER GOODNESS: Our foods start with whole ingredients...
- The health and safety of your little one has been and...
- Contains 12, 6 ounce bags shipped in Amazon Certified...
- Real vegetable chips made with Non-GMO ingredients
- No trans fats, no artificial flavors and no...
- Low sodium and Cholesterol free
- Gluten Free
- Speciality Sweet potato
- It provides vitamins and minerals: it contains vitamin C, A, and B, as well as essential minerals such as potassium and calcium.
- It contains many fibers: this component facilitates the digestion process.
- Provides energy: the fundamental nutrient of the sweet potato is carbohydrates, essential to obtain power quickly.
- It is low in calories: Despite its carbohydrate content, most sweet potato is water. Therefore, it only provides about 115 kcal per 100 grams of the tuber.
For all these reasons, sweet potatoes are often consumed to replace potatoes in diets to lose weight or maintain weight. In this other OneHOWTO article, we explain the properties of sweet potatoes to lose weight.
In addition, this tuber can be enjoyed in many ways without spending a lot of money. As you will see below, preparing sweet potatoes is much simpler than you think. Are you ready to integrate this food into your diet healthily and deliciously? Don’t miss out on these healthy sweet potato recipes!
boiled sweet potato
The easiest way to prepare the sweet potato, especially for those who do not have an oven and want to avoid the microwave, is to cook it with sugar. How to cook a boiled sweet potato? Very easy! You will only need the following ingredients:
- Three sweet potatoes
- 2g white sugar
- 2g cinnamon
Once you have the ingredients ready, follow this step by step and get ready to enjoy a dish as sweet as it is original:
- Wash the sweet potatoes. Since we will cook them with skin, you must remove all the dirt from the tuber.
- Next, prepare a pot with water (enough to cover the sweet potatoes) and submerge the sweet potatoes. Cover the pot and put it on the fire.
- Add the sugar and cinnamon. If you prefer, you can add just the sugar and wait until the end of cooking to give it the final touch of cinnamon.
- Wait for the water to start boiling and, after 10 minutes, make an incision in the sweet potato to cook well inside. Leave them on the fire for another 20 minutes.
- After the next 20 minutes, prick the sweet potato with a knife; if you can do it quickly, your sweet potato will be done. Otherwise, you’ll still have to wait a little longer.
- Drain the sweet potatoes well, peel them and serve as you prefer.
This is how the boiled sweet potato is made. A delicious option is to beat the cooked sweet potato until you get a delightful mashed sweet potato. You can take it like this or make dulce de batata, a decadent Argentine dessert. Take a look at this other article, where we tell you How to make a sweet potato.
baked sweet potato
Baked sweet potato is a delicious recipe and very easy to prepare that will look incredibly delicious if you present it cut on a plate since the result is similar to French fries. Let’s see how to cook baked sweet potatoes. This is what you will need:
- One large sweet potato
- Two tablespoons cornstarch
- cold water (in a bowl)
- One teaspoon of curry
- One teaspoon sweet paprika
- One teaspoon of turmeric
This is the step by step to make baked sweet potato:
- Peel the sweet potatoes with the help of a potato peeler and cut them into strips as if they were French fries.
- In the bowl of water you have prepared, add some ice cubes and dump the sweet potatoes. Let them soak for an hour to clean them well and soften them.
- After this time, dry the sweet potatoes with a kitchen cloth.
- Put the sweet potatoes in a bowl and add the tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Next, prepare a baking tray with special non-stick paper to not stick the sweet potatoes. Add the sweet potato strips to the tray randomly, and add the curry, sweet paprika, turmeric, and oil.
- Stir the sweet potatoes well so they are impregnated with the different ingredients and place each piece separately from the others.
- Put the tray in the oven and let them cook for 30 minutes. Once outside, add the salt to your liking, and you have your crispy baked sweet potatoes ready to eat.
microwave sweet potato
Did you know that it is also possible to cook sweet potatoes in the microwave? This recipe is one of the fastest and easiest to prepare. If you have little time but do not want to give up a delicious and healthy dish, prepare the following ingredients:
- One sweet potato
These are the steps you must follow:
- As always, the first step will be to clean the sweet potato well and dry it with a dry cloth.
- Next, take a knife and poke holes all over the sweet potato.
- Put the sweet potato in the microwave at maximum power and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Take the sweet potato out and check that it is very soft. If not, leave it in the microwave for a few more minutes. After this time, remove the sweet potatoes and peel them.
- Cut the sweet potato in half and, once open, add a splash of oil and salt to taste.
grilled sweet potato
Don’t miss this option if you have a grill at home and want an original, fun, and delicious sweet potato recipe. It will drive both the youngest and the oldest crazy, and you will only need:
- Three sweet potatoes
- Two butter spoons
- Two tablespoons sugar (or maple syrup)
- One teaspoon cumin
- pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
And how to cook sweet potato on the grill? Follow these steps:
- Cut the sweet potato into cubes and put them in a saucepan.
- Put all the ingredients in the saucepan and stir well until the color of the sweet potatoes changes.
- Wrap the sweet potato cubes in aluminum foil and place them on the grill.
- Cook them for 30 minutes at a temperature of 190º and turn them every 7 minutes, approximately.
- Once the sweet potatoes are soft, remove them from the grill and serve them on a plate. Be careful when removing the foil! Remember that it is boiling, and you could burn yourself.
You already know how to cook sweet potatoes with healthy and easy recipes. If you want a more original recipe for this food, look at this article on How to make sweet potato chips.
The composition of the sweet potato is very similar to that of the potato, although, unlike the latter, it has a sweet taste due to its high sugar content.
Regarding the vitamin content, it is worth noting the contribution of beta-carotene, much higher than that of the potato, especially in the varieties whose color is yellow or intense orange. For this reason, yellow sweet potatoes are more nutritious than white ones.
Other vitamins found in a more significant proportion in the sweet potato concerning potato are vitamin E, C, and folic acid, ideal in pregnancy and prevent stretch marks.
It is also one of the vegetables richest in tocopherol, an antioxidant vitamin that helps maintain healthy skin and improves wound healing.
This tuber is suitable for any balanced diet, especially for wrinkles, dermatitis, and psoriasis.
The sweet potato is a beneficial food for eye health. It is suitable in diets for cataracts and, in general, to help treat eye diseases. It is also precious for its richness in components such as tocopherol, flavonoids, and carotenoids that help improve cardiovascular health.
Is it better to boil or bake sweet potatoes?
Boiling may actually retain most of the antioxidant power of sweet potatoes, compared to roasting and steaming. … Baking can also cause an 80% drop in vitamin A levels, twice as much as boiling. Therefore, from a nutritional standpoint, boiling rather than baking should be recommended for cooking sweet potato.
What is the healthiest way to cook sweet potatoes?
Boiling sweet potatoes retains more beta-carotene and makes the nutrient more absorbable than other cooking methods such as baking or frying. Up to 92% of the nutrient can be retained by limiting the cook time, such as boiling in a pot with a tightly covered lid for 20 minutes.
How do you prepare sweet potatoes to eat?
Thinly slice a large sweet potato and brush lightly with olive oil. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Just Drizzle and Eat! Dice cooked, peeled sweet potatoes and drizzle with maple syrup for a side dish that’s sure to satisfy any sweet tooth.
How long do you boil sweet potatoes for?
Boil whole for 30-50 minutes. This largely depends on the size of the potato. Smaller ones will be done faster, larger potatoes may take a bit longer. Boil sweet potatoes that are cut into 1-inch cubes for 12-15 minutes.
- how to cook sweet potatoes on the stove
- how to cook sweet potatoes in microwave
- quick and easy sweet potato recipes
- how to cook sweet potatoes in air fryer
- baked sweet potato fillings
- how to bake sweet potatoes in foil
- how long to bake a sweet potato
- healthy sweet potato recipes
How To Cook Sweet Potatoes Oven Evolving Table 2022
Last update on 2022-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API