How to Cut a Mango Quickly and Easily 2022
Peeling a mango easily and quickly is the dream of many tropical fruit lovers. The arrival in our kitchens of this ingredient makes it especially necessary to know some techniques and skills with the knife. Not only will we avoid an unpleasant surprise from the hand of some domestic incident, but we will also be able to start taking much better advantage of this delicious fruit. Discovering the good properties of an exceptional ingredient will be one more incentive that will lead us to know the best way to peel a mango easily and quickly; you just have to follow these steps.
Mangoes are one of the most popular and loved tropical fruits globally. Although they are not grown or harvested in all countries, they have managed to win the hearts of many with their perfect balance of sweet and acid flavors, ideal for preparing sweets, sauces, smoothies, and juices.
Anyone who has tried a mango knows that it can be a bit of work to cut and peel it to enjoy it, whether it is eaten alone or used to make juices or desserts. For this reason, at RecetasGratis, we try six tricks to cut mangoes that work. Stay with us and discover how to peel a mango in the easiest and fastest way possible!
You may also be interested in: How to peel an avocado
- ✅ 𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘...
- ✅ 𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐈𝐎𝐔𝐒...
- ✅ 𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐂 𝐃𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃...
- ✅ 𝐔𝐒𝐄 𝐈𝐍 𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐘...
- ✅ 𝐒𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐒𝐅𝐀𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍...
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Ram Gopal Bajaj, Pankaj Tripathi, Samir Kochhar...
- John Upchurch (Director) - Mazahir Rahim (Writer) -...
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- ORGANIC DRIED MANGOES: Natural source of energy, the...
- CERTIFIED USDA ORGANIC: 100% organic, no preservatives,...
- NUTRITIOUS HEALTHY SNACKS: No sugar added. Rich source...
- STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS: Store in a cool, dry area; after...
- COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Mexico, Peru. - Anna and Sarah...
- JUST APPLE + MANGO SERIOUSLY, THAT’S IT! We’re...
- HEALTHY SNACKING ON THE GO: 87% of Americans are not...
- 2-YEAR SHELF LIFE: An estimated 60% of all produce is...
- 100% NATURAL: Ingredient lists have never been this...
- TRY THEM ALL: We make it convenient and fun to get your...
- Audible Audiobook
- Raquel Reyes (Author) - Frankie Corzo (Narrator)
- English (Publication Language)
- 10/12/2021 (Publication Date) - Dreamscape Media, LLC...
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Dried Mango Slices, 16...
- Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Raw, Kosher, Gluten-Free,...
- Our dried mango has no added sugar and no sulphur...
- Terrasoul Superfoods is a family-run business that...
- 100% Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee - We stand...
- 100% Sparkling Mountain Water from the Alps
- 3 Grams of Real Agave Nectar
- 20 Calories
- Armed with Essential Electrolytes
- Infinitely Recyclable (Plastic Bottles Are Not)
- Viz Media
- Kishimoto, Masashi (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 4168 Pages - 07/07/2015 (Publication Date) - VIZ Media...
- Essential Energy
- No Sugar, No Preservatives
- No Artificial Flavors or Colors
- 7 Essential Vitamins
- Gluten-Free, Kosher, Non-GMO, & Certified Vegan....
- HEALTHY TREAT: Dried mangoes are naturally cholesterol...
- LESS SUGAR: These mango slices have 33% less sugar...
- SOFT & JUICY: The dried mango with the perfect texture...
- RESEALABLE BAG: This bag of mango strips has a...
- NATURALLY RIPENED: For premium mango pieces we choose...
- How to peel a mango easy
- How to peel a mango for juice
- How to peel a mango with a glass
- How to peel a green mango
- How to eat a mango
How to peel a mango easy
There are several ways to cut a mango easily, though some of these depend on how ripe it is and what you want to use it for. In any case, you will only need a knife to cut it and a little creativity. Keep in mind that all mangoes have a bone in the middle, it is flat and elongated, and you will have to get rid of it when you peel it. Here are the easiest and fastest ways to peel it without further ado.
Images for how to cut a mango
- step by step
Cut the mango into cubes.
In addition to being very easy, this method will give the mango a lovely shape, perfect for presenting it in desserts or fruit salads. Follow these steps to achieve it:
- Cut the two cheeks of the handle, being careful not to touch the bone.
- With the knife, make vertical cuts along the entire cheek of the handle. Then make horizontal cuts to make the cube shapes.
- Don’t make the cuts too deep, or you’ll cut the cubes before you finish the shape.
- Grab the cheek by the ends and push it out.
- Cut the cubes by passing the knife through the skin of the mango.
Cut slices of mango
This way of cutting a mango is ideal if the mango is still very green and you notice that you will not peel it easily. In these cases, always remember to use a very sharp knife and carefully make the cuts. Follow these steps to slice it:
- Cut both cheeks of the mango without touching the bone.
- Cut the mango cheek into slices.
- You can eat them like this (like a miniature watermelon) or peel the skin with a knife.
- Chop the slices as you prefer.
See the details of all our mango peeling tricks in the video below.
How to peel a mango for juice
If you don’t care about the shape of the mango, these methods of peeling it will be perfect for you. It will be ready in no time, so you can prepare juices or add them to dessert recipes like this mango mousse.
Peel the cheek of the mango
If the mango is ripe or not very green, this will be one of the easiest and fastest peeling fruit. You will only need a sharp knife and follow these steps:
- Cut the cheeks of the mango without touching the bone.
- Cut the entire cheek edge of the mango until it separates from the skin.
- Take two ends of the handle and push the cheek out until separate the pulp entirely.
- Cut the mango as you like.
Peel the whole mango
Although this is an efficient way to peel the mango, it may not be the most ideal if you need to cut it for decoration. However, it can be used to cut it faster if you make mango juice. Follow these steps if you prefer to peel the whole mango:
- Make a vertical cut from the tip of one mango to the other.
- Now make another cut in the direction perpendicular to the first cut.
- Hold the mango in the middle and peel off the skin easily at the point where the two cuts meet.
- Do the same with all skin sections, and you will have the whole mango.
How to peel a mango with a glass
Do you have a very, very ripe mango? When the fruit is very mature, it is easy to make a mess when peeling or cutting it. It has a lot of juice, and the pulp is very soft, so you could get dirty quickly. For those cases, the idea is to peel the mango with glass to contain the pulp in one place, and you will not have to clean too much. Note that this mango peeling trick will not work if the mango is green.
- Cut both cheeks of the mango without touching the bone.
- Take a wide and large glass. Bury the glass in the cheek of the handle.
- Try, little by little, to extract the pulp of the mango by cutting it with the glass.
- When you are finished, right the glass, so the pulp falls into it. Ready!
How to peel a green mango
Peeling and cutting a green mango is a challenge. The shell is difficult to remove, and the above methods may not work as effectively. If this is your case, we advise you to let the mango ripen to enjoy a sweeter taste. However, if you like the tartness of mangoes, you can easily peel them using this method:
- Cut off both ends of the handle to make them flat. In this way, you will be able to rest the handle on a table with stability and without the risk of cutting yourself.
- Go cutting the skin of the mango with a sharp knife until you have it completely peeled.
- Cut the cheeks and chop the mango as you prefer: in cubes, slices, sheets, etc.
Whichever method you use, you will find that the skin around the bone is more difficult to remove. You can try to cut it up as much as possible, but keep in mind that the closer the fruit is to the stone, the more acidic and less juicy the mango flavor will be.
How to eat a mango
Do you have the mango ready, cut to your liking? In addition to eating it alone, there are many recipes to use this delicious tropical fruit. You can accompany it with ice cream or use it to make mango ice cream. You can prepare it in desserts or use it for savory recipes like these breaded chicken fajitas with mango sauce. In RecetasGratis, there are a lot of options for you; here are some of our favorites:
- guacamole with mango
- spinach and mango salad
- Coconut and mango jelly
- Mango and lemon cheesecake
If you liked the article How to peel a mango easily and quickly, we suggest you enter our
Do you peel mango before cutting?
Do you eat the skin of a mango?
Mango peels are usually safe to eat on their own, but can be unpleasant to eat raw. One way to extract some of the nutrients from the mango skin is to make mango peel syrup. Combine a pound of mango pits and peels, a quartered lemon or lime, and a half-pound of sugar
What part of the mango is poisonous?
The sap and peel of mangoes are highly TOXIC, although not specifically poisonous. Mangos can cause a dermatitis-type response very much like POISON IVY for those with skin conditions and/or poison ivy. Mango skin contains urushiol oil—the same substance in poison ivy that causes rashes.
Why is mango bad for you?
Mango is very rich in fire and high consumption of fibrous fruits can cause diarrhoea issues. – Mango contains a chemical called urushiol. People who are sensitive to this chemical can start experiencing dermatitis too. It’s a skin issue where people get inflamed skin that can become flaky, blistery and itchy.
- How to cut a mango into cubes
- How to cut a mango horizontally
- How to cut a mango with stone
- how to cut a mango without a peeler
do mangoes have pits
how to cut a mango with a knife
how to cut a mango with a glass
how to cut a mango for dehydrating
how to cut a mango quickly and easily 2022
Last update on 2022-05-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API