Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe 2022
chicken noodle soup
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooked: 1 hour and 40 min
Ready in: 1 hour and 55 minutes
Table of Contents show
Today, we will prepare a trendy dish in almost the whole world. It is a homemade chicken soup to which we will add a handful of noodles to complete it.
As we are going to prepare it traditionally, I am also going to show you how to make a good homemade chicken broth, just as our grandmothers used to do in the past, a critical point to make a spectacular chicken soup.
This is a very healthy and nutritious spoon recipe, which can be easily prepared with common ingredients found in any supermarket, so don’t think twice, and let’s start with the list of ingredients.
Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe
Chicken broths are special to warm the body, for a light dinner, for those with nasal congestion, for sadness, even for hangovers after parties. Chicken broth is a kind of medicine for the body and soul, and if we accompany it with noodles, vegetables, and even a broken and mixed egg, it makes even the most depressed person happy. It is a straightforward recipe, which is always present in the options of Venezuelan families.
Preparation: 20 minutes
Cooking: 1 hour 5 minutes
Quantity: 6 Plates
Ingredients for the Chicken Noodle Soup recipe:
- 2 liters of chicken broth
- Two chicken thighs, boneless and diced
- One onion cut in brunoise
- Four garlic cloves, minced
- 1 leek cut into brunoise
- Three branches of celery cut in brunoise
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- One tablespoon full marinade
- One teaspoon of turmeric
- Three celery peeled and cut into cubes
- One large carrot peeled and diced
- 200g noodles
- Three tablespoons chopped coriander
We also suggest you see
the recipe for tumbarrancho arepa
Preparation of the Chicken Noodle Soup recipe:
- Place the broth in a large pot. Add the chicken, still cold, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion, garlic, leek, and celery in a skillet over low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper and add the marinade and turmeric.
- Cook without stopping stirring; if it dries out, add a little of the hot chicken broth and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Process the sofrito in the blender and add to the soup along with the celery and carrot—Cook over high heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the noodles. Stir well and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Lower the heat, put the chopped cilantro, stand a few minutes and serve.
- If you don’t have chicken broth, you can make one using a chicken bouillon cube or cube or a packet of dehydrated chicken noodles. In that case, you can do without the turmeric and reduce the amount of salt because these products are seasoned.
- You can also use the chicken breast, but the thigh provides more flavor.
- You can also put potatoes, but you have to be careful with the number of vegetables, the soup should be with a lot of broth and not so thick.
- You can put 2 or 3 eggs in it, when you take it off the burner so that they cook with the heat.
How to make homemade chicken broth for soup
- We will start this recipe by preparing the homemade chicken broth. To do this, peel the onion and carrot and cut them into not very large pieces.
- Wash the leek and cut it in the same way.
- We clean the chicken breasts removing possible areas of fat.
- Take a pot and add 2 liters of water, a splash of olive oil, and a pinch of salt.
- We put the pot to heat over low heat and added the chicken and the onion, carrot, and leek.
- Now we will cook for 90 minutes covered over low heat so that the water takes all the flavor of the ingredients and the homemade chicken broth that we need is formed.
- We must remove the fat that will form on the surface with a slotted spoon from time to time.
- After the indicated time, remove the chicken breasts and shred them.
- Strain the broth to remove all the vegetables and return the broth to the pot along with the shredded chicken.
How to make the noodle soup
- We raise the heat to be medium, and when it starts to boil, we add the noodles, which can be thin or thick, that already depends on the taste of each one.
- Cook for about 8-10 minutes, occasionally stirring, until the noodles are cooked.
- It is essential to rectify the salt point if necessary before removing it from the heat.
- Now we have our chicken noodle soup ready; all that remains is to plate it and serve it directly to the table. Enjoy your meal!!
Comments and suggestions
You can make the broth with a chicken carcass, thighs, or even chicken feet to give this soup even more flavor.
The chicken broth you use in this recipe can also be bought at the supermarket or even from concentrated broth tablets. Still, it would no longer be a homemade chicken soup since the flavor would have nothing to do with it.
Other soup recipes you may like
One of the most popular soups in French cuisine is onion soup. It is a straightforward recipe that I always recommend, as it is a success for dinner any day of the week.
Another excellent option when choosing a delicious homemade soup is pasta soups such as Minestrone. A delicious dish of Italian cuisine prepared with various vegetables will always be spectacular.
And finally, I want to recommend one of my favorite soups, especially its flavor and consistency. Soup stew with noodles is a good choice for those frigid days, and it is also a consistent and comforting dish to enjoy with a good piece of bread.
What can I add to my chicken soup to give it flavor?
Dried parsley, dried chives, onion powder and garlic powder add more flavor. Add the spices just a little at a time to prevent over-doing the seasoning. You will find it hard to add depth of flavor after the chicken soup has gone through the majority of the cooking process
Should noodles be cook separately for chicken soup?
By cooking noodles in a separate pot, you’re giving them the best chance to become the best version of themselveswell salted and well cooked. After boiling the noodles, I like to drain them, add a portion to each bowl, and ladle broth (and whatever is in the broth) on top.
How do I spice up bland chicken noodle soup?
If the broth or stock is too bland, season with a small pinch of salt and/or pepper. Remember, salt is added to highlight the flavors of the ingredients, not to make them taste salty.
What noodles are best for chicken noodle soup?
The dried German variety, which is short and corkscrew-shaped, is the noodle to use for chicken noodle soup. Chinese egg noodles, which are much longer and thinner and available fresh or dried, are an ideal match for light and meaty broth-based soups like won ton noodle soup.
- homemade chicken noodle soup with egg noodles
- grandma’s chicken noodle soup recipe
- chicken noodle soup recipe from scratch
- chicken noodle soup recipe with rotisserie chicken
- chinese chicken noodle soup recipe
- creamy chicken noodle soup recipe
- hearty chicken noodle soup recipe
- chicken noodle soup recipe allrecipes
Quick and Easy Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe 2022