Twenty-five quick and easy appetizers and irresistible 2022
An hors d’oeuvre, appetizer or starter is a small dish served before a meal in European cuisine. Some hors d’oeuvres are served cold, others hot. Hors d’oeuvres may be served at the dinner table as a part of the meal, or they may be served before seating, such as at a reception or cocktail party.
There is nothing better than some delicious appetizers to whet your appetite when you want to celebrate something.
EASY APPETIZER RECIPES
These proposals for appetizers will make you look great if you have guests. And the best thing is that they are super easy and quick to make.
SALMON AND AVOCADO SPOONS
Here you have a must for easy appetizers with a total party look and a simply delicious and irresistible taste. And if not, check it out for yourself. See recipe.
SHRIMP AND COURGETTE SKEWERS
As simple as alternating slices of rolled zucchini with prawns in the middle and roasting on a grill for a couple of minutes per side. So that the zucchini slices don’t break when you roll them, blanch them a little first and then run them under cold water.
MONTADITOS OF MOORISH SKEWER
You have to skip some of the meat they sell to make skewers and, instead of inserting it on skewers, put it on toast and sprinkle chopped chives on top.
THREE TREATS WITH CHEESE
If you are a cheese lover, you will fall for the manchego skewers with melon and ham, the Caprese banderillas (mozzarella, cherry tomatoes and basil), and the grated cheese lollipops. They are easy to make without breaking the bank, and why fool ourselves? They are so delicious. See recipe.
ZUCCHINI ROLLS WITH VEGETABLE PATES
With the help of a kitchen mandolin, make slices of zucchini. Spread them with vegetable pâtés (hummus, guacamole, olive oil). Roll them up and decorate them with leaves of aromatic herbs or sprouts. If you don’t like raw zucchini (if it’s very fresh, you can eat it raw without any problem), you can blanch it or grill it for a couple of minutes.
GOAT CHEESE WITH JAM
Another super easy and very colourful option is to cut slices of curly goat cheese, put a little jam on top and decorate with nuts, aromatic herbs, sprouts. An appetizer that you could incorporate into your vegetarian cookbook.
CRUDITÉS INSTEAD OF BREAD
To lighten up the appetizer and dip without losing the line, you can put crudités instead of breadsticks or nachos. At Clara, we have opted for some cucumber sticks, carrot and beetroot, and we have placed them in coloured silicone moulds for cupcakes, which please the eye and give a party feeling.
WATERMELON, MELON AND HAM SKEWERS
Make small balls of watermelon and various types of melon with the help of a baller (if you don’t have one, you can also do it with the fruit cut into cubes), and alternate them with Iberian ham shavings, mozzarella balls and fresh basil leaves. It’s an idea from our blogger, Delicious Martha.
A classic of appetizers that is much lighter if we replace the corn pancakes with vegetable sticks. See recipe.
HUMMUS FOR DIPPING
Hummus cannot be missing from a good aperitif either. And even more so if you follow our light version by reducing the amount of tahini and changing the olive oil for Greek yogurt. Take note and see what you think. In the newsroom, we love it. See recipe.
SUPER LIGHT RUSSIAN SALAD
To not have to give up the queen of tapas and appetizers for fear of gaining weight, we have prepared a 100% guilt-free version with 250 calories less than the usual one. Yes Yes. See recipe.
MINI VEGETABLE SKEWERS
Take some skewer sticks and string on zucchini slices, cherry tomatoes, onion, bell pepper and washed broccoli florets. Cook the skewers on a grill or griddle and let them brown for 2 or 3 minutes (if you like them “al dente”, that is, crispy, you don’t need to cook them much). And accompany it with a mustard vinaigrette or another of our light and super easy sauces and vinaigrettes.
TARTLETS WITH RUSSIAN SALAD
An infallible trick to make quick and easy appetizers is to use elements that are already precooked. Yes, it can also be done, even if the orthodox in the kitchen raise their hands to their heads. You have to take some tartlets already sold precooked in the supermarket and fill them with an excellent Russian salad (homemade or precooked, too). And crown them with peeled prawns.
MONTADITOS OF SALMON
Easy, no: ultra-easy. You have to cut slices of cucumber. On them, put a teaspoon of spreadable cheese mixed with chopped dill. And on top, place a roll of smoked salmon with a few drops of olive oil and a sprig of dill.
POTATO OMELETTE MONTADITOS
Tortillas are one of the most popular dishes in the recipe book for any occasion: improvised dinners, meals to take to work and, of course, as an easy and cheap appetizer. You can use homemade or precooked tortillas with different fillings (potato, courgette, spinach, artichokes). To make it more sophisticated, you can present it like this: in montaditos, with a tomato on top and rosemary flowers. And if you suffer from calories, discover how to make a super-light potato omelette.
Banderillas are another of the stars of quick and easy appetizers. Apart from those sold already assembled, you can make them yourself by stringing the pickles that you like the most and other ingredients. We have made these with olives, piquillo pepper, anchovy in vinegar and quail egg. Another classic is taking a canned artichoke heart, wrapping it with anchovy, and securing it with a skewer.
KALE, BEET & ZUCCHINI CHIPS
On a baking tray lined with parchment paper and without piling up, put pieces of kale leaf without stem and skinny slices of beet and zucchini. Then, water with a trickle of oil, add ground curry and ginger to taste. And finally, bake for about 8 minutes at 180 degrees—easier, impossible.
TOAST WITH SARDINES
On some toast, put diced tomato, some sardines in oil, and, to give it a festive touch, a little olive pâté. If you want to make it yourself, you have to chop and mix a handful of olives with anchovies, a little minced garlic, a couple of almonds, and olive oil. It is one of the quick and easy recipes that can be made with a can of sardines.
PRAWN RICE BASKETS
Another idea with precooked vol-au-vents or tartlets is to fill them with some leftover food and decorate them. We have made these with a rice salad that we had left. And we have dressed it up for a party with peeled shrimp on top and some germinated shoots. But it would also be delicious with the rest of fideuá or paella and mussel on top, a scrambled egg, An appetizer to use like our recipes to make use of leftovers.
LOW-CALORIE CHEESE STUFFED ZUCCHINI
It’s one of our favourite appetizers, it’s easy, it costs almost nothing, it’s only 186 calories, and it has a very successful party look. See recipe
SMOKED SALMON STUFFED WITH RUSSIAN SALAD
Combining a sophisticated ingredient like smoked salmon with a battle filling like Russian salad (which you can already make), you get a nutritious snack, rich in omega-three and delicious! See recipe.
FRESH CHEESE AND SALMON CANAPES
Cut sliced bread into squares and spread a little fresh cheese. Put a piece of salmon and decorate with caviar substitute and a sprig of dill. Yes, yes, that easy and fast.
MUSHROOMS STUFFED WITH QUAIL EGGS
Clean some large mushrooms. Remove and cut the stems. Crack a quail egg into the hole. Bake at 180º until the egg whites have set, but the yolk is still liquid. If you want it to be more prosperous, you can skip the chopped mushroom stems with onion, minced garlic, and some diced ham
MANGO AND SHRIMP CANAPÉS
Cut the bread in a round shape. Do the same with the handle. Sauté some small frozen prawns and reserve. To assemble it, put: a layer of bread, a layer of mango, a layer of bread, a little pink sauce, a couple of prawns, a rolled anchovy and sprinkle with parsley. In addition to being an easy and quick appetizer, it is one of the Christmas canapés that will make you look great.
AVOCADO AND PRAWN CREAM SHOTS
If you can’t think of what to make as an appetizer, you can make a cream (or throw one that you already have made) and serve it in shots as we have done with these avocado and prawn cream. It is a super easy recipe that is not excessively caloric in addition to having an irresistible look. Can you ask for more? See recipe.
A good appetizer is like the prologue to the best celebration. But it’s almost always lazy to get down to work because it seems like it’s going to give us a lot of work or because some need ingredients that have never been in our fridge.
However, it doesn’t have to be that way. With the recipes for quick and easy appetizers that you have seen and the tricks that you have below, these dishes will no longer have any mystery or difficulty for you.
THEY HAVE TO ENTER BY SIGHT
The secret of a good appetizer is often not so much a magic recipe as a good presentation. Any daily dish, for example, can become a delicious appetizer if you present it with a bit of grace.
- Canapes and toast. You only need sliced bread or regular bread and cut it into attractive shapes with the help of a cookie-cutter, for example. Or you are simply cutting the slice diagonally to create triangles.
- Divine skewers. You can insert in them practically any meat or seafood that you have on hand and intersperse it with vegetables or mushrooms, and that’s it. Nutritious and very successful.
- Flags for all tastes. You have to wrap olives, gherkins, spring onions and artichoke hearts with anchovies in vinegar or anchovies in oil and insert them into a toothpick. Easy and delicious.
- Shots, glasses and cazuelitas. Any puree, cream, or scramble becomes a party appetizer served in a shot glass, liqueur glass, or individual casserole. It is elegant and has no mystery.
- Swap bread for spoons. Many classic skewers on bread can be served without the bread and by placing the filling on spoons. Salpicón, tartar or shellfish are very showy with this presentation (and thus, they are lighter).
GIVE IT A PLUS OF FLAVOR AND COLOR
Often, for any dish to become something special, you need to add something that gives it a sophisticated touch, both visually and tastefully.
- Aromatic spices. If you use them at the end of the plating as something decorative, you will add flavour to your appetizer and a more delicious look. You can finish off, for example, a shot of pumpkin cream with a few flakes of salt and a touch of freshly ground pepper.
- Nutritious nuts and seeds. As in the case of spices, they help you give it flavour and colour and a nutritional plus. A paté toast becomes an appetizer just by putting a peeled walnut on top.
- Sprouts, tender and aromatic shoots. They are eye-catching without adding almost calories to the appetizer. From arugula leaves or lamb’s lettuce to bean sprouts. Ideal to finish off toast, shots and spoons.
AND SAVE TIME BY SAVING STEPS
One of the inconveniences that pull back the most when preparing appetizers is preparing everything in individual and miniature portions. But, if you organize yourself well, you can save a lot of time.
- Serial kitchen. Arrange the different ingredients in bowls and plates, and place them in a row and the same order as they are in the recipe. You only have to take the appetizer support (toast, skewer, shot, spoon) and add one ingredient of each correlatively as if you were on an assembly line.
- Speed up the process. For canapés and toasts, you can choose to cover them with the filling in larger formats (whole slices of sliced bread, loaves of bread cut lengthwise in half). And when you have it covered and even decorated, cut it into smaller portions. If you do it directly on the serving tray, in addition, you do not even have to worry about placing them one by one.
Frequently Asked Questions: Quick and easy appetizers and irresistible
What should I serve for an appetizer party?
Bruschetta, breadsticks, crackers, and rolls are also mainstays. Protein: Serve meat or fish dishes, such as meatballs, chicken wings, or sushi, to give your guests protein. You could also make an egg, cheese, or tofu appetizer. Try these grilled appetizer recipes.
How can I get attractive and delicious appetizers?
- Use toothpicks and small plastic skewers to hold small complementary pieces of food together.
- For appetizers that need to be contained inside small dishes, like pasta salads and fruit salads, choose a non-conventional dish to serve them in.
- Remember to decorate the platters, as well.
How can you create a perfect appetizer?
Remember to offer a variety of appetizers with different flavors, colors, textures and temperatures. A good rule of thumb is to serve an appetizer from each of these categories: cheese or antipasti plate, dips and spreads, cold finger foods and hot bites.
What are fancy appetizers called?
hors d’oeuvresIn the U.S., ‘appetizers’, referring to anything served before a meal, is the most common term for hors d’oeuvres. Light snacks served outside of the context of a meal are called hors d’oeuvres (with the English-language pluralization).
What are most popular appetizers?
- Pigs in a Blanket.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip.
- Crockpot Buffalo Chicken Wings.
- Cream Cheese Fruit Dip.
- Cocktail Meatballs.
- Hormel Chili Dip.
- Mac and Cheese Bites.
- Mozzarella Sticks.
What should I bring to a last minute party?
- Last Minute Mediterranean Feta Cheese Dip. themediterraneandish.
- Veggie Crescent Bites. …
- 15 Minute Artichoke Garden Flatbread Pizza. …
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Potato Wedges. …
- Last Minute Appetizer Goat Cheese Grape Balls. …
- Mini Cheeseburgers. …
- Spinach And Artichoke Dip Parmesan Cups. …
- Chef Salad On A Stick.
- Party Appetizers
- Appetizers Examples
- Finger Food Appetizers
- Dinner Party Appetizers
- All-time Best Appetizers
- Easy Party Appetizers
- Last Minute Party Snacks
- Cheap Easy Appetizers